The PLM Controller will be a key leader within the Point of Care Business Unit’s (BU) CFO organization, providing financial and strategic leadership for the BU’s R&D operations and supporting the BU’s Business Development activities with financial analysis and risk assessment. This position will act as a business partner to the BU R&D leadership team and directly manage 3 financial analysts. This position will be located in Norwood, MA.
The key area of focus of this leader will be to help drive efficient allocation of capital to maximize the BU’s performance by collaboratively developing project financial-plans to assess project potential and creating a 5-year R&D investment plan that’s aligned with the product development roadmap and translate this in to an annual budget for the BU. The successful candidate must have a customer-driven focus, collaborate across the Siemens matrix and apply influencing and analytical skills to assess and implement performance improvement opportunities.
This person will provide proactive and complex analytics around R&D Spend (including NPV analysis, hurdle rate comparisons, risk assessment, identification and tracking of key milestones), business case projections and realization of actuals vs plans; Provide recommendations related to increasing productivity and capacity and conduct industry benchmarking activities.
This role will have responsibility for coordinating the BU’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial cadence (forecasting, actual reporting and analysis, budgeting, strategic planning) for the POC R&D function and will provide key presentations on financial status at various management team meetings.
Successful candidate will:
- Keep abreast of IFRS and company guidelines related to R&D accounting and keep track of changes in the accounting literature
- Understand and apply the concept of intangible capitalization of development projects and its impact on the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow Statement.
- Conduct Quarterly Asset Impairment Tests of intangible assets
- Provide Quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley Certification to CFO regarding any Asset Impairment triggers.
- Be a key approver at the R&D Developmental Milestone reviews.
- Keep a keen eye on the drivers and impacts of R&D efforts on future Standard Product Costs, when the product is commercialized and influence efforts to drive them lower.
- Have the ability to derive strategic plans based on operational data analysis. Ability to combine business and financial knowledge in the identification and implementation of business improvement initiatives.
- Be involved in complex Third-party contract negotiations.
- Have proven experience in accurately forecasting, budgeting and analysis of actual results of both operating and capital expenditures.
- Have SAP experience, including SAP BW (Data Warehouse reporting).
- Display advanced knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Planning, and Essbase
- Have experience with company’s Enterprise Risk Management including identification of management of business related risks and opportunities.
- Have a good understanding of Healthcare Industry dynamics, with a special focus on Healthcare IT trends.
- Be well versed with Healthcare R&D developmental methodology and requirements.
- Display ability to optimize and standardize process workflows.
- Conducts periodic competitive benchmarking for the sales and services organization and formulate ideas to improve performance.
- improvements based on prior experience.
- Have a good understanding of Siemens Healthcare organization, its financial cadence and proven experience of working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Have worked with cross functional disciplines and coordination of business operations, finance, accounting, audit and external personnel across various levels
- Display excellent communication skills, intercultural sensitivity and ability to establish virtual networks across cultures and locations.
- Maintains functional independence and provide a controlling function with proactive communication and analysis to the BU CFO.
- Provides mentoring and takes an active role in developing the PLM controlling finance organization.
- Has good executive presence and the ability to effectively summarize and present complex topics with appropriate context to the BU management team.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.