At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. Due to growth, we are adding an RAMS (Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety) System Engineering Group Manager
We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? The Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS) System Engineering Group Manager is responsible for all the reliability and safety aspects of all our rail vehicle contracts. In this role, you will apply your proven knowledge of reliability and safety analysis techniques and methodologies on the technology we use on our rail vehicles which includes microprocessor-controlled systems, hardwired relay logic, electro-mechanical equipment, power electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical equipment. You will manage a group of RAMS system engineers to plan, prepare and deliver all internal and external RAMS deliverables per our project schedules. You will also prepare and monitor continuously your group budgets. You will be responsible as a manager to setup your reports fiscal year targets and goals, monitor continuously tasks progress, hours consumptions via Key Performance Indicators and to stir your group towards reports best achievements and on-time performance. You are the interface to the engineering products managers and/or engineering project managers and you will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
- Review, track LRV, coach and locomotive projects RAMS deliverables and due dates requirements.
- Track, monitor regularly LRV, coach and locomotive projects RAMS tasks progress and completion per our schedule.
- Reports bi-weekly Key Performance Indicators of tasks progress and employee performances to manager.
- Assign tasks priorities to your reports to balance your employee workload and ensure on-time deliverables for our projects.
- Plan, track, review your group resource loading and report bi-weekly results to manager to manage peak and off-load times and the related resources management strategy.
- Review your RAMS group deliverables to ensure best quality RAMS deliverables for our projects. Be prepared to step up to provide some RAMS technical inputs in some instances.
- Continuously guide and assist your employees by providing best practices techniques and technical recommendations, empower your reports.
- Standardize RAMS deliverables formats over all projects to maximize your group efficiency and to align deliverables to comply with the RAMS international standards and customer/consultants expectations.
- Follow management strategy and enforce Siemens policies within group.
Required Knowledge/ Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- >12 years RAMS experience in rail industry including Light Rail Vehicle (LRV), Coach and Locomotive experience. Experience in Commuter Rail, Electrical Multiple Units and High Speed trains is a plus.
- >15 years rail experience.
- A minimum of 2 years leading a group of at least 2-5 engineers.
- Some experience in training other RAMS engineers.
- Performed numerous rail vehicles RAM and safety analyses (hazard analyses), Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills - verbal, written and presentation in English.
- Knowledge of German is required to participate into core competency RAMS exchange groups.
- Detailed knowledge of rail international standards EN50126, EN50128, EN50129.
- Knowledge of Military Standard, MIL-STD-882: Standard Practice For System Safety. (U.S. Dept. of
Defense) and MIL-STD-217: Reliability prediction.
- Basic understanding of Federal Railway Agency (FRA) regulation (49 CFR).
- Detailed knowledge of Life Cycle Cost, safety analysis (preliminary, fault tree, fault hazards, operating, and interface hazards), reliability demonstrations and experience in participating in failure review boards.
VISA sponsorship will be provided by Siemens for the successful candidate.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.