You will be an integral part of the indirect tax team. Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to system administration, application server support, reporting feeds/interfaces and project support. You will be responsible to ensure system configurations are compliant with state regulations for all Siemens Operating Companies while achieving assigned objectives and targets.
You will report to the Indirect Tax Director of Global Business Services (GBS) of Siemens Corp. The mission of the department is to provide comprehensive support to all represented Siemens Operating Companies for transactional taxes including: Sales and Use taxes, Property taxes, Business Licenses; 1042 compliance, and annual reports. You will be an individual contributor who demonstrates leadership skills, a comprehensive knowledge and principles of sales and use taxes. This position will interface with both internal and external contacts. External contacts will include taxing authorities, vendors, and partners.
- Indirect Tax System(s) Administration
- Server Support
- Migration and Acquisition tasks
- Customer Reporting Feeds / Interfaces
- Support GBS Goals / Roadmap
Tax System Administration: (Vertex / SAP / Oracle / AUPTEC /etc)
- System Configurations
Migration and Acquisition / Project Tasks:
- Support Project Scoping
- Attend Project Meetings
- Complete System Setups
- Engage tax team members as required
- Support Trainings
- Develop and/or Support Trainings
Support GBS Goals/Roadmap:
- Actively contribute and participate in assigned departmental goals and objectives to meet Siemens balance scorecard for assigned targets for financial, customer, process and employee targets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associate degree (required) in Information Technology (or equivalent experience and education will be considered)
- 5+ years of system administration experience (Vertex, Thomson Reuters)
- 3+ years application support experience (Interface, Server support)
- 3+ years quality testing and documentation experience
- Strong working knowledge of tax calculation systems (Vertex preferred)
- Project Management Skills (Agile, Scrum)
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate in multiple ERP systems (i.e. SAP / Oracle / MS D365)
- Advanced level skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Strong Customer Service focus, Communication, Listening skills
- Ability to engage in open, honest collaboration with team members
- Assumes ownership and execution of individual responsibilities and deadlines
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with a major company preferred
- Vertex Certified Professional
- Quality / Lean Training
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles to complete system testing
- Basic sales and use tax understanding
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.