Siemens Mobility is seeking a Connected Vehicle Field Applications Engineer to join us at our project site in Tampa, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least three years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will be a part of an engineering team to maintain and operate the Connected Vehicle installation in Tampa and to support other Florida installations. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, network and communications knowledge, communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering. This person should be interested in supporting hardware and software for roadside units and Connected Vehicle (V2I) technologies and will be the first line of support for the active installation in Tampa.
The role requires a track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experienced in network stacks including IP, SNMP, WiFi, LTE, using Wireshark, etc.
• Experienced with distributed systems, embedded systems, and large IT deployments
• Adept at root cause analysis and problem-solving on both HW/EE and SW Systems, systematically eliminating possible causes, define required test points and data to verify.
• Ability to understand wiring diagrams, schematics and use EE tools and test equipment.
• Ability to understand IT and SW architecture drawings and pinpoint potential bottlenecks.
• Outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Prior experience with both cloud and on-premise based applications and infrastructure.
• Ability to be remain and composed during high stress and crisis situations.
• Thrives on solving difficult situations and proactively driving assignments to 100% done.
• Preferred: IMSA Level I or above.
• Preferred: Experience in the domain of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management systems, adaptive traffic control systems, Connected Vehicles (V2I, V2X).
• Participates as a primary contact in the 24x7 on-call support rotation, with 4-8 hour service level requirements during working days.
• Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller, connected vehicle (V2I) applications and related communication systems.
• Configure roadside (RSU) and On-Board (OBU) units for CV deployment projects
• Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, and roadside units, sometimes requiring remote support from a software architect or Austin-based systems engineer.
• Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions and utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronic devices and electrical equipment.
• Rework, repair, test, troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
• Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Assist in identifying and analyzing malfunctions in operational equipment with the ability to call in a traffic services crew for further support (Level 2) or to the Austin-based software engineering team (Level 3).
• Support hardware/software integration planning and oversee activities.
• Develop training/development plans and conduct training.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.