Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Healthcare Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious University Undergraduate, looking for the next step in their experience and development. As a Healthcare Intern, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities you will be onsite at assigned Siemens or Healthcare direct settings in your area of focus.
- Previous Healthcare Interns have gained experience in Clinical Areas, R&D, Marketing, Finance, and other areas of HC and Siemens Healthineers Business and Markets.
- You will bring your prior education and experience to the role to assist your assigned business area in identified projects and acitivities.
- You will take part in knowledge exchange activities and programs with our HC provider partners and internal Siemens Healthineer team(s).
- At the end of your Internship, you will prepare a brief related to your specific learnings and experience in the program.
This internship may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your future education and career path.
- You are currently enrolled and engaged in a university undergraduate program of study.
- You are a rising junior/senior.
- You have solid PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with the latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to relocate for the program for the summer term is a plus. In the case that you are asked to relocate, a living stipend will be provided, in addition to the internship salary.
- You have good presentation skills, and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Active Enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Ability and willingness to express a business area either in healthcare directly or supporting technologies. The goal is to tailor the program to the candidate.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
Start Date: May/June 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.