Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: Sr. Applications Engineering Consultant – MG – SISW - 220356
Job Location: US - Remote
Job Category: Applications Engineering
As an Applications Engineer at Mentor Graphics, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Mentor Graphics' product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for technical wins with the industry leading solutions Xpedition Substrate Integrator, Calibre, Tessent, Avatar, Nitro-SOC and other product families. Responsible activities will include delivery of technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, and participation in development of solutions and account strategies leading to market share gains for Mentor Graphics.
Your territory coverage consists of Key Accounts located, but not limited to, the greater United States (primarily Silicon Valley, Oregon, Austin, Texas, and Arizona). Account coverage is not limited to the US, you will beresponsible for integrating with peers located all over the world, communicating essential status to a variety of stakeholders and influential customers. International travel is required.
- MSEE/BSEE with 2+ years design experience.
- Significant experience in advanced IC and/or interposer design, experience with IC Packaging design is a plus.
- Must have hands-on industry experience with one or more of the following tools: Avatar (Apogee), Mentor (Olympus-SoC), Synopsys (IC Compiler, Physical Compiler, Custom Compiler) and Cadence (SoC Encounter, Innovus, Virtuoso).
- Requires a strong understanding of ASIC design methodology from RTL Synthesis to Physical Implementation phases; Netlist-to-GDS flow expertise obtained through benchmark, evaluation or production (tape-out) of complex ASIC designs is a plus.
- Familiarity with 2.5D and 3D solutions (TSMC InFO, CoWoS, GF GF32, ASE FoCUS, Amkor SWIFT, SamsungMDI, etc.).
- Practical experience with IC P&R tools for Silicon Interposer design is a highly desired.
- Experience with Mentor’s Calibre DRC, LVS, and/or 3DSTACK solutions is a plus.
- Familiarity with Package Design (Cadence APD/SiP, Mentor Xpedition)is a plus.
- Above average competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of IC data formats (Verilog, LEF/DEF, GDS, OASIS, etc.) is required.
- Scripting/Programming: Python, Tcl, Perl, or similar languages.
- Working OS knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology;
- Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world;
- Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team;
- Effectively influence people at any level;
- Enjoy helping and motivating others to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts.
- Have the capability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.