Siemens Smart Infrastructure is hiring a Commissioning Engineer to join our Building Automation Solutions Team in San Francisco (Hayward). As a Commissioning Engineer, you will play a key role in executing and managing all phases of systems and/or service jobs to include: estimating, designing, tracking, installing, billing and customer acceptance. With a focus on control systems’ project plans, specifications, and contract documents, you will help shape and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Independently lead and manage building commissioning projects from award to close-out and turnover to Siemens organization
- Partner with Siemens engineering team to reviews design documents, drawings and specifications building controls system sequences and equipment submittals
- Review system controls sequences and participating in meetings to clarify and improve them
- Perform construction site visits to identify and document discrepancies, including generating site visit reports summarizing each visit through all project phases
- Lead and complete functional performance testing with Siemens technical workforce
- Showcase your thorough knowledge and understanding of building automation systems (BAS) by using and manipulating BAS independently
- Perform, document and troubleshoot integrated system tests
- Generate and maintain Commissioning Issues Reports with a focus on expediting issues resolution
- Verify equipment and system start-up work, and supporting documentation
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in all situations by being a proficient writer who can concisely communicate and manage information throughout all phases of a project
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills by providing clear, transparent and regular updates on project statuses
- Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule
- Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of MEP and BAS controls systems.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Engineering preferred, however, candidates with directly related work experience and a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) will also be considered
- 5+ years construction project management experience with mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, including design, controls systems integration and implementation, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, balancing and facility operations strongly preferred
- Hands-on building automation controls commissioning, and equipment start-up and operations experience.
5+ years’ experience with building automation systems and strong knowledge of BACnet, Tridium and IoT platforms/integrations.
- PE license preferably, but not required
- Fully developed technical competencies related to Building Mechanical, Electrical, and building automation control systems
- A valid Driver’s license in good standing with limited violations, along with being at least 21 years of age, in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legal authorization for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer sponsorship to work in the United States
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
- Extra Employee Discounts
- Company Vehicle Plan
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.