At Siemens Mobility, we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We put our customers first, external & internal, holding ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our commitments by owning the action, delivering on time, and within budget. We utilize agile principles to continually improve our products, processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to self-direct themselves and innovate to succeed.
The Siemens Mobility rail manufacturing plant in Sacramento, California is a leader in providing rolling stock and related services. Its portfolio covers the full range of vehicles – including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, and passenger coaches, all built right here in the United States at a manufacturing plant powered almost entirely by a 2 MW solar installation. The Sacramento plant builds rolling stock from start to finish including design, engineering, car bodies, trucks, electrical sub-assembly, final assembly and testing all while leveraging sustainable manufacturing practices.
As part of the Product Configuration Management and Document Control Team within Engineering, the Senior Engineering Analyst will be an Experienced Professional with the primary responsibility of ensuring the integrity of Engineering output by analyzing product/document changes and processing these change orders in MRP/ERP—including material number creation, document control, loading bills of materials and setting up multilevel BOM structures as defined by the Engineering Department.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
As a Senior Engineering Change Analyst for Siemens Mobility, in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations as well as industry standards and customer specification, you will
- Completes implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s), Redline Changes, Deviations, and Stop Orders for product improvements, repairs, and new product development.
- Manages the effective interaction between Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Operations and Marketing to ensure all changes are documented for audit purpose (may include FDA, ISO, IEEE).
- Completes development of systems for and maintains engineering drawings and reproductions, project reports, specifications, product proposals and related documentation.
- Performs Document Control processes to ensure all Procedures are properly documented, updated as needed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Input, update, maintain, and troubleshoot complex multilevel Engineering and Manufacturing bills of materials in MRP/ERP across several products, projects, and manufacturing areas.
- Create manufacturing parts lists for WIP and input WIP bills of materials in MRP/ERP based on Engineering Changes.
- Analyze and process Engineering Change Orders, Engineering documents, and Configuration Change requests.
- Create material master data in MRP/ERP—including purchasing and planning parameters.
- Create, Maintain, and update department’s ISO procedures and internal department procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-8 years Configuration Management experience
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- MRP/ERP (SAP preferred)
- Phantom structures/BOM’s
- Material Master
- Document Master
- Product Configuration Management
- Amount of travel with the position: 0-5%
- Team Oriented with a desire to learn, teach, and share
- Positive Customer Service
- Type 35+ wpm with 10 key
- A sharp eye for inconsistencies and a wiliness to do what is right under pressure
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Configuration Management Certification
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.