Siemens Logistics LLC (SL) is seeking a Mechanical System Architect to support the Courier Express Parcel (CEP) team at our DFW Airport location. You will work on the Systems Design Team that develops and implements complex automation solutions for Courier Express Parcel customers by providing engineering analysis and design expertise to solve existing and future automation system needs. This Senior level role is ideal for someone with 8+ years of experience with knowledge of the responsibilities outlined below.
• Individual will lead Design Team on all proposal deliverables pertaining to mechanical design and layout, and assist in the generation of all proposal drawings and conceptual layouts, as well as participate in customer presentation of proposed solutions.
• Lead Design Team in generating CAD design concepts that are technically feasible and construable with proven technology applied which can meet aggressive schedules with reliable cost considerations.
• Lead Design Team in the development of technical proposals which can include product demonstration, development of product prototypes and interactive technical discussions with other experts, including, but not limited to third-party consultants, Owner’s representatives, and installation subcontractor entities.
• Lead in the development of work scopes relating to the associated solutions for multiple construction trade packages, receive, investigate and respond to all subcontractor questions.
• Updating technical specifications as they relate to individual products and total parcel system solutions, as well as maintaining working knowledge of third-party supplied equipment.
• Resolve the most complex technical sales support problems and answer both customer requests and generating detailed product and specification questions.
• Individual should be a recognized technical expert in the design and implementation of complex automated parcel systems.
• Develop cost effective Mechanical Systems for all Bids & Proposals including selecting OEM system components, input on pricing estimates, manpower plans, scheduling activities, phasing, commissioning & test methodologies and specification compliance.
• Write specifications, user’s manuals, and enter other data to fully document engineering designs and assist procurement with parts ordering and supplier selection.
• Represent the company in customer-facing meetings concerning bids & proposals while supporting the sales team.
• Up to 20% travel is required.
Performs leading-edge mechanical design and conceptualization as part of the CEP Systems Design Team. Will proactively mitigate potential conflicts and provide effective solutions by applying concepts, techniques, technical knowledge and processes. Must demonstrate proactive and “out of the box” thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range complex system design challenges.
Education / Experience /Skills
• BS/BA in related discipline
or Advanced Degree. Certification may be required in some areas.
• 8+ years of experience in the design, implementation and commissioning of complex mechanical systems solutions for parcel systems.
• AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office skills required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.