During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for managing a set of customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our software, STAR-CCM+. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and execute pro-active initiatives to grow usage within the set of assigned accounts. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills in the English language, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all
- technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues, including reporting of bugs.
- Participate in the sales process to facilitate sales and deployment of software at potential and existing customers.
- Conduct training on Introductory and Advanced Topics
- Conduct technical discussions with prospective accounts on benefits of STAR-CCM+
- Perform benchmark simulations to define best practices and verify results
- Present new features of software to address customer needs
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal
- Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must have advanced English business skills to support North American customers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time