Russelectric, a Siemens Business, manufactures high-integrity on-site power control systems to help ensure 100% uptime without disruptions or aberrations. We deliver engineered solutions to hospitals, data centers, airports, water treatment, renewable energy, DoD and other mission-critical facilities.
We are an engineering-driven company with full capabilities to customize systems to users’ needs and requirements such as space restrictions and integration into existing equipment. All of our products, including automatic transfer switches and switchgear training simulators, are designed and built in our vertically integrated plants located in Massachusetts and Oklahoma.
The field service engineer performs emergency repairs, warranty service, field service & engineering of electrical power distribution and control equipment.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Installation, troubleshooting, and design of 480VAC/12.47KVAC, switchgear, ATS, circuit breakers and generator system controls.
- Providing technical support for field startups (standard & non-standard systems), warranty efforts, remedial repairs and preventative maintenance contracts
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. 3-5 years in Field Service Engineering
2. Electrical Engineering (BS or AS preferred) and/or prior military service
3. Strong background in electrical power including low voltage through medium voltage and experience with most types of switchgear testing required.
4. Experience with programming PLCs and HMIs.
5. Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support.
6. Proficient in dealing with client interactions and completing projects on time and within budget guidelines
7. Must be able to operate all types of test equipment, coordinate and manage any size project
8. Valid driver’s license and record that meets company requirements
9. Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work.
Availability for out-of-town work and must carry a cell phone and be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.