Job Title- T Strategic Buyer – Jr. - Indirect Materials
Siemens is looking for a professional Strategic Buyer to support global strategic IT Procurement activities, striving for optimum conditions on an excellent supplier base through pooling volumes and common strategies. Maximizing the value contribution through an ideal supplier base. Support multiple stakeholder management including alignment with Global Sourcing Center – India, Global Commodity Management and Siemens IT (Global/Regional).
The ideal candidate must have the ability to self-manage workload, manage multiple projects in parallel, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes and implement commodity strategy.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• Demand analysis: manage and maintain global deal-book
• Market analysis: monitor market, identify market trends and prepare summary documents, incorporate region specifics e.g. US market, European market, Asian market
• Supplier analysis: "Scout" to identify, develop and provide transparency of existing industrialized services; provide and maintain standardized Supplier Dossiers
• Procurement Strategy: implement global sourcing strategy in close alignment with Global Commodity Management. Also support pooling of requirements across commodities.
• Supplier Strategy: ensure usage of globally defined preferred suppliers / Value IT Suppliers
• Ensure adherence to internal Processes. This includes appropriate documentation, updating and maintaining the respective procurement tools in a timely manner.
• RFX/Tenders: support global tenders managed by Global Sourcing Center – India including negotiations and contracting. Must be familiar with conducting e-bidding/e-auctions.
• Update and maintain Contract data base upload contracts to SharePoint or to respective procurement tools. Monitor contracts, extend or cancel contracts, depending on strategic decision from Siemens IT and/or Commodity Management.
Goal Setting and Controlling
• Perform spend analysis, create, maintain & report KPIs and dashboards, e.g. spend by commodity, by IT business area, by supplier, etc…
• Supplier Development: support implementation of defined development measures and requirements
• Support External Sustainability Audits by analyzing audit reports and undertake required actions on the respective supplier premises in order to successfully close the audit
• Perform and maintain supplier qualifications in procurement tool
• Support Siemens IT in topics such as Claim Management, Risk Management and Contract Management
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· 6+ years of professional experience in IT procurement/ procurement related function
· In depth knowledge of IT Provider market in the IT Commodities: IT Consulting, Application Management, Hardware, Infrastructure, Software or Telecommunication.
· Deep experience in Procurement processes. Fast adaption of Siemens internal Procurement processes and tools
· This role will be interacting with peers at Global Sourcing Center – India and globally and thus involves experience of working with different cultures and working in multi-cultural teams.
· Should have preferably an engineering degree. MBA will be an additional advantage.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Pune, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time