Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Materials Interface Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure business in Manchester.
Reporting to the Materials Controller, the Materials Interface Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the correct materials for the projects in the regional portfolio are ordered on time to support delivery. The Materials ordering will be automated via P6 schedules and the ERP system, the Materials Interface Engineer will monitor this process and intervene by exception to ensure that the right materials are ordered at the right point in time.
What will be my Key Responsibilities?
- Generate a Bill of Materials for rail signalling projects using the estimate from the Bids and Tendering Team, and reviewing scheme plans, signal sighting forms, ground plans etc.
- Support the Materials Interface Controller and Materials teams to monitor the progress of material requirements, orders and deliveries.
- Raise requisitions for BoM items to support project schedule
- Liaise with the project team to ensure robust understanding of material requirements
- Liaise with Suppliers on technical issues or queries
- Undertake Work package management of materials including budget, programme and interfaces.
- Support the MIC in the reviewing and producing of the Tender BoM and supporting documents.
- Liaise with the Project Buyer to approach suppliers for quotes, a standard template for RFQ should be used and include relevant information such as delivery date.
- Assist with the payment of invoices with the Project Buyer, eg invoice details do not match the PO.
- Review of materials at the end of a Project, a list should be produced and either returned to the client or sold to other projects.
- Liaise with the Materials Interface Controller and Buyer to ensure material order schedule is in line with programme and materials are ordered at the appropriate point in the project
- Raise Part number creation requests for new items
- Ensure that scheduled materials ordering via SAP meets the projects needs
- Ensure that the specification of products and materials meets necessary standards and project requirements.
- Manage the return, repair and servicing of items with the factory and Suppliers.
- Audit the stock management activity and stock holdings for the relevant projects.
- Provide Project Engineering, Installation and Stores personnel with updates on Material deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain the Bill of Materials for projects in the regional portfolio throughout the project lifecycle
- Liaise with buyers and supply chain to ensure delivery schedule is maintained and remedy any logistical problems arising
- Ensure that all materials ordered have the correctly identified part number
- Updating Bill of Material details from design outputs and ensure the BoM always reflects current design
- Liaise with Project Management and Engineering staff to control the process of project material variations / change.
- Provide timely input regarding material cost forecasting to the project Commercial Manager in support of project delivery reviews.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving license
- Experience in Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of material management.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time