Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Electrical and Computer Engineering Intern.
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is currently seeking a 2021 summer electrical and computer engineering intern to support its research and development of our in vitro diagnostic instruments. This individual will explore new technologies and support wide range of design, development and test from the digital and analog electronic circuits to computer and network used in the instruments.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Electrical and Computer Engineering
Intern, you will be
- Design, perform design verification on and troubleshoot digital, analog electronic circuits
- Write embedded test code in C, collect test data and perform data analysis
- Perform system model simulation
- Develop low complexity PC Board assemblies and test fixtures.
- Develop test firmware/scripts for automated testing of assemblies.
- Perform integration testing of new hardware with thorough documentation of test results
- Work with engineers, write and release engineering documents
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Actively enrolled in a degree program focused on Electrical and Computer Engineering
- GPA of 3.2 or better
- Experience with digital/analog circuit, microcontrollers and embedded programming
- Experience with high level programming languages and IDE
- Hands-on experience with soldering and circuit testing
- Work independently as well as strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of skill in decision making, problem solving and analytics
- Integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality
- No travel is required for the position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Aptitude and passion for digital and firmware design
- Knowledge with LabView and/or Mathlab
- Experience with Raspberry PI or Arduino
- PCB design experience
- Knowledge of asynchronous communication protocols
- Programming ability for test automation
- Familiarity with engineering tools and test equipment
Start date: May/June 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.