Siemens Healthineers is setting up an Asia Pacific Tax Centre of Excellence (CoE) at Bengaluru which shall undertake compliances and reporting for multiple countries in the Region. Position would be responsible for end to end processes towards tax compliances, reporting and audit defense for identified countries. Besides this the role is also expected to significantly contribute in transforming existing manually driven processes towards a digital and automated environment.
- Responsible for end to end tax compliance for identified countries including data integrity, finalization of returns, payment of taxes (Corporate income tax, Value-added tax and Withholding tax).
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of tax balances and reporting requirements including tax provisioning and recording of identified tax assets and exposures.
- Filing of tax returns and coordinating with external provider for other prescribed certification to be filed along with respective tax return.
- Maintaining close proximity with business in resolving exceptional compliance reporting and assistance in advising impact of new business models and propositions.
- Handling tax audits including developing audit defense and coordinating with external provider for representation before tax authorities.
- Assisting Siemens Healthineers Asia Pacific Hub Tax Governance team in tax planning & structuring.
- Ensuring documentation and records hygiene for various tax positions adopted.
- Updating and advising business stakeholders of the implications emanating from various statutory amendments, rulings and announcements.
Process Improvement and Digitalization responsibilities:
Assessment of current tax processes and identify areas for process improvement (including automation opportunities and elimination of waste). This may require preparation of blueprint, developing business case and drive automation projects with defined timeline.
Keeping abreast with ever evolving tax digitalization tools & techniques and collaborate with internal digital team and external partners for feasibility assessment and implementation.
Understand expectations from tax stakeholders (internal/external) and assist in defining automation strategies of how tax processes should look like 3-5 year down the line with focus on simplification and business enablement.
Qualifications and Skillset
- CA/ICWA with 5-6 years of post qualification experience in field of tax compliance and reporting. Experience in handling tax and related matters for Asia Pacific countries would be given preference.
- Hands on experience in handling at least 2 digitalization projects (involving Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence) in Record to Reporting (R2R) domain under an ERP environment.
- Good exposure on tax compliances, finalizing tax returns, tax audits, transfer pricing audits, computation of advance tax and tax withholding related matters.
- Strong knowledge of business & international taxation. Working knowledge/experience in VAT/GST domain would be an added advantage.
- Having worked in centralized environment for tax compliance and advisory would be preferred.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time