Siemens Mobility requires a Senior RAMSS Engineer to conduct the required engineering safety assurance and RAM activities for a portfolio of new and existing UK mainline and metro railway projects. The role is based at the Siemens Mobility Chippenham Office and requires the application of safety and RAM engineering analysis techniques and standards to UK mainline and metro projects. It includes planning of safety and RAM activities, conducting hazard identification exercises, hazard analysis and hazard log management, gathering safety assurance evidence, RAM analysis, producing application safety case arguments and liaising with key stakeholders. The necessary technical and managerial support will be provided from the main System Assurance Team which is located at the Siemens Mobility Chippenham Office.
Siemens Mobility Limited focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for Intelligent Traffic Systems, Rolling Stock, Rail Automation, and Rail Electrification.
What are my responsibilities?
- Developing effective strategies to ensure our products, systems and applications are safe and reliable
- The daily Engineering Safety Management of the portfolio of UK mainline and metro rail projects for which I am responsible • Identifying hazards, hazard analysis and management, and assessing safety risk • Developing effective strategies to ensure the reliability, availability and maintainability of our products, systems and applications • Carrying out RAM requirements capture, analysis, modelling, prediction and demonstration of designs • Defining and analysing safety and reliability requirements relating to the mainline and metro rail projects • Putting together RAM arguments and Reliability Cases to gain railway authority approval
- Putting together safety arguments and safety cases to gain railway authority approval
- To monitor the system design and implementation and produce Engineering Safety and RAM analysis material that provides sufficient evidence to all concerned such that the developments and changes to Schemes, Configurations, Systems and Products undertaken by Siemens Mobility meet their System Safety and RAM requirements throughout the whole lifetime of that development or change
- To implement a common and auditable approach in the identification of Safety and RAM requirements, their implementation, and the demonstration of compliance with those requirements
- To comply with current best practice, including relevant legislation, standards (e.g. CENELEC 50126/50128/50129, the Common Safety Method (CSM), and IEC 61508 etc.) and guidelines
- To understand the risk issues associated with the work and the company’s policy on engineering safety
- To keep up to date with risk assessment and risk management issues through continuing professional development
- Effectively communicate relevant information on risk issues to those who need to know (e.g. managers, project leaders, health, safety and environment engineers and colleagues)
- To liaise with the client and external Independent Safety Assessors as necessary
- To support the Head of Safety Assurance in developing the department functional road map, delivery of safety/CSM training to the wider business and other tasks as appropriate to this role.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Science or related discipline
- Understanding and application experience of safety management and safety engineering processes such as safety planning, hazard analysis, safety requirements capture and safety case development
- Understanding and application experience of RAM management and RAM engineering processes such as RAM planning, RAM analysis, RAM requirements capture, FRACAS and production of RAM Demonstration reports
- Experience or knowledge of producing the following: Hazard Identification, System Hazard Log Management, System Hazard Analysis Reports, Application Safety Cases (structured to CENELEC 50129)
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office packages (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT etc).
- Previous experience in the UK rail industry with respect to the engineering safety/RAM management of turnkey mainline or mass transit railway projects
- Understanding and application experience of verification and validation techniques including an appreciation of signaling principles testing
- Experience with CENELEC 50126/50128/50129 and IEC 61508 standards
- Experience of the application of the EU Common Safety Method (CSM) on Risk Evaluation and Assessment
- Experience on Application of Control Command and Signaling Technical Specification for Interoperability (CCS TSI)
- Experience in safety-critical programmable and electronic systems
- Experience of DOORS Requirements Management Databases
- Experience of configuration management methods/tools
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time