Looking for New opportunities in Large Drives Applications business of Siemens Ltd.? We have got you covered. We are looking for individuals like you who will help us change the face of Large Drives Applications for our Portfolio Companies!Mission:
Manage supply base for global LDA Purchase Volume in assigned commodities. Align material strategies with internal business requirements to optimize supply chain performance focused on productivity, assets, quality, availability and innovation by utilization of digitalization opportunities. Drive and support Global Value Sourcing (sourcing in best cost countries) initiatives in assigned commodities to assure competitive advantages for LDA.Years of Relevant Experience Required:
8 to 12 yearsEducation Qualification:
BE in Mechanical Engineering and/or Higher EducationProduct Experience :
Medium Voltage Motors, Medium Voltage DrivesCommodity Experience:
Large Steel Fabrication (LSF), Insulation & eFansObjectives and Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of material strategies in alignment with business and location needs
- Drives value add through leveraging of Purchasing Volume to maximize pooling opportunities across LDA and within Siemens, drives material productivity through effective utilization of procurement levers (e.g. negotiation excellence, Global Value Sourcing, Cost transparency, e-sourcing, Cost & Value engineering) and support early involvement in all key projects
- Actively manage capacity allocation of LDA demands strategically to supplier base
- Support best-in-class Supply Chain Management processes in order to secure productivity, assets, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation- and claim management
- Manage and drive a global network with location procurement to exchange information as well best practices within commodities
- Lead, manage and develop supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
- Applies supply market intelligence and commercial & technical trends to drive value for business including benchmarks to competition
- Ensures transparency by data and controls well as reports relevant procurement KPI in assigned commodities and manage business planning
- Drive and implements sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs
- Cooperate with Regional Commodity Managers to identify and develop the best and most competitive suppliers globally and manage their ramp-up into the factories
Demonstrates ownership culture by initiative in developing plans, execution of those plans, focusing on business results, full transparency, open & honest communication and making bold decisions
Demonstrated strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
Strong written and verbal communication skills – if needed on executive level - including extensive expertise in presentation development
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Proofed ability to align with international business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
Experience in functional team leading and in being member of a global team
Fluent in English and Knowing Chinese is an added advantage
Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
Willingness to travel abroad frequentlyHeadline Call to action
We would be happy to welcome you to our Siemens Family, please feel free to apply on the website. If shortlisted, we will be calling you for next steps soon.
You will be performing this from Mumbai location, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens! A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time