Siemens Mobility is seeking a professional Associate Project Manager with a proven track record of working on complex projects. As an Associate Project Manager you will be responsible for supporting the execution of digitalization and information technology project in Montreal, Canada. The Associate Project Manager will collaborate with his or her team at a customer facility where project management and maintenance are co-located. The Associate Project Manager will support the execution of the project in a matrix organization with a primary team of 10 to 20 people spread between west coast and Europe. The Associate Project Manager will support customer communication for all aspects of the project.
- The Associate Project Manager is responsible to support the PM during in project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, testing and customer acceptance.
• Support the PM in leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
• Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
• Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle and information technology delivery and acceptance.
• Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for technology implementation and train acceptance.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- Support the team in testing and documentation if needed.
- Education: bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in technology projects in rail environment, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Travel: 10%. PM will travel for customer visits and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support commissioning and warranty obligations
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail technology projects.
- 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, information technology is preferred.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- Understanding and experience of Agile implementations is a plus.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration also considered.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.