Siemens is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Roebuck location. The Quality Engineer (QE) will analyze production and quality data to identify trends and drive problem solving efforts. This position will maintain management system procedures, sampling procedures/designs and systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data. Performs economic impact analyses, prepares reports of findings and carries out implementation and training assignments. Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming, in-process, and final assembly material and product inspections. Conducts process/product audits to determine acceptability of quality process controls.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. The Roebuck factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers' experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Spartanburg Plant. Our growing facility has over 500 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and made-to-order power distribution equipment. The switchboard QE position will lead the quality efforts on our growing switchboard production line.
• Perform full range of standard work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Manage Control Plans for product manufacturing process.
• Implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to work area and product type in the manufacturing process.
• Ensure usage of the existing non-conformance reporting system for efficient non-conformance management.
• Document process/product non-conformities in the system, and follow-up on corrective actions. Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions.
• Lead the investigation of non-conformance reports using the 8D Problem Solving Methodology.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality system.
• Track and prepare reports for internal quality performance metrics.
• Participates in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5-7 years Experience in Quality-related position in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field (preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
• High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to interpret technical part drawings and specifications. [Note: Ability to interpret electrical controls and distribution wiring schematics is a plus.]
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with results driven approach.
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Leads and coordinates with Mfg area supervisors and group leads to insure efficient production and quality.
• Performs and guides others in deploying and improving quality discipline and culture.
• Sets process metric goals in partnership with the Plant Manager and Leadership Team.
• Shares best practices across functional areas, affiliate locations, and/or various business units or locations.
• Continuously enhance and improve existing processes, products and methods.
• Mentor team members in order to facilitate their continued professional development and individual capabilities, while ensuring effective teamwork.
• Drive Continuous Improvement in quality performance through utilization of tools such as Capability Assessment, MSA/GRR, DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
• Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Full working knowledge of Basic Quality Tools and applications.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
• Six-Sigma black belt a plus.
• Experience with metal fabrication (shearing, stamping, forming, welding, tapping, painting and plating).
• Additional experience with electrical wiring standards, methods and electrical testing a plus.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.