The Siemens Corp U.S. Customs Team supports Siemens businesses in specific areas concerning customs related matters. The team is responsible for reporting, automated solutions for customs transactional processing, post entry reconciliation programs and post entry audit. Our mission is to implement robust, efficient and compliant processes to support the operations. We are seeking creative individuals with a wide breadth of customs regulatory expertise, in addition to possessing technological and process implementation skills to accomplish this mission. These enthusiastic and outgoing individuals must be able to work independently, communicate effectively across the Customs Team, the Business, IT, and Service Providers.
This position reports to the Head of U.S. Customs Governance Execution in Siemens Corporation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the Customs Value Reconciliation program; monitor purchase orders and entries to ensure the timely submission to Customs Broker.
- Work closely with individuals in the business and within the Customs Team as needed to confirm value for value reconciliation.
- Transactional responsibility of preparing the value reconciliation to be submitted to the Customs Broker and responsible for record retention per the regulations.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the value reconciliation automated tool; provide recommendations for functionality changes and support testing new logic.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement for the value reconciliation process
- Provide training to the Customs organization on Customs Value Reconciliation
- Manage and Maintain the ACH Customs Refund process
- Assist and support the Global Trade Management Tool (GTM) account manager with activities associated with GTM projects.
- Assist and support tracking and monitoring key KPI’s for GTM tool and collaborates with stakeholders as required.
- Primary Back up support on the FTA Reconciliation Program
- Back up support with Customs Post Entry Review program
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field will be considered
- Minimum of 5+ years of Customs experience with in depth knowledge of 19 CFR, complex customs valuation topics and US HTS Classification
- Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus
- Experience with ACE reports
- Experience with Post Summary Correction
- In-depth expertise and practical knowledge of U.S. Customs Valuation methods; including expertise with Value Reconciliation and Assist processing
- Experience with Post Entry Audit is a plus
- Knowledge of Maquiladora operations is a plus
- Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to analyze data and streamline processes
- Experience with Integration Point Global Trade Management Tool preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.