As a new Siemens team member joining Power Technologies International’s Energy Business Advisory, you will lead the development and implementation of new business capabilities through process development and enabling smart grid technologies to achieve desired business objectives.
The core responsibilities of a Smart Grid Consultant are to create strategic development plans for the digitalization of the electrical grid, educate team members on goals, objectives and scope of the modernization program as well as ensuring deliverables meet program requirements and quality expectations.
- Achieve established program objectives while providing consultation on business process development to electricity utility stakeholders
- Facilitate workshops with utility stakeholders discussing industry trends, current business performance, strategic objectives and potential new business models
- Analyze current state utility operations processes and data systems to develop utility modernization strategies and programs
- Conduct research, analysis and design activities to support client executive decision-making
- Analyze technology systems functions and processes and recommend improvement strategies
- Contribute to improve ongoing activities to support process implementation
- Document strategic roadmap scenarios, detail transformation & business case requirements/reports and processes
- Perform the financial analysis and modeling of project benefits to support customer justifications
- Support a portfolio of projects within the scope, schedule and budget
- Contribute to change activities needed to support process implementation activities
- Develop communication plans for both internal and client management team
- Identify program/project scope changes and prospective new projects, leading customer engagement
- Support business development activities and perform pre-sales support activities as needed
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading and/or managing the delivery of technical projects
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in delivering consultancy services or in a Solutions Engineering position
- Experience designing electrical utility infrastructure, supervising construction and commissioning activities
- Experience with gathering and managing systems requirements for Grid Control Center in a digitalized environment
- Strong background in the application of technology solutions such as Outage Management systems, Distribution Management Systems, GIS, SCADA, and DERMS
- Experience with implementing transformational and technologically complex programs
- Experience with business transformation program delivery, process modeling and process re-engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Available for frequent domestic and some international travel when needed
The following experience and skills would be considered strong assets for this role:
- An advanced degree in engineering or MBA
- Registered as a professional engineer or eligibility to register
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in power systems analysis and design using modeling and simulation software
- Experience designing solutions for the utility industry involving smart grid technologies
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.