Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with
opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and
professionally. Sounds interesting?
Then come and join our team in Lausanne, Switzerland, as PhD Fellow in Cardiovascular MR to further foster innovation in the field of cardiovascular MR research in close collaboration with CVMR CHUV.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for moving the 4-years research project forward in close collaboration with the center of the collaboration between the CVMR group of Prof. Matthias Stuber, PhD and Siemens Healthineers.
- The doctoral project will include MR sequence and reconstruction research with a focus on advanced MR reconstruction algorithms and physiological motion management.
- The position provides you with the possibility to work closely together with key opinion leaders in the field, being able to access state-of-the-art technology at the University Hospital and apply new technology to volunteers and patients.
- As part of the Siemens Healthineers MR network, you will interact with international collaboration sites of Siemens Healthineers across the globe.
- Your responsibilities will include the development, test, optimization and validation of algorithms to be deployed at the MRI scanner and being used in the clinical context.
- You will be able to build on a critical mass of high-quality existing work, where your task is to thoroughly explore newer methodologies, e.g. similarity clustering and machine learning approaches.
- You will enroll in the PhD students’ program of the University of Lausanne.
- You are expected to publish peer-reviewed journal papers and present your work at international conferences.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de-ch/about
Your qualifications and experience:
- You graduated in computer science, biomedical engineering, life sciences or a related field (MSc).
- You have gained applied intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience in Matlab and Python.
- Object-oriented programming (C++) knowledge is preferred.
- You have previous experience with machine learning (ML) software frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Previous experience with MRI or other medical imaging modalities is a plus.
Your attributes and skills:
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and orally; French and/or German is a plus.
- You have a strong motivation to perform translational work in a clinical environment, independence in tackling technical challenges, and enjoy being part of a dedicated team.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. In Switzerland, we are an organization with about 280 employees at two main locations, Zurich and Renens. The position on offer is integrated in the Siemens Healthineers Advanced Clinical Imaging Technology Group, located at the innovation parc in Lausanne in a close cooperation with the cardiovascular magnetic resonance group (CVMR) at CHUV.
As a team, we work in a familiar, collegial working environment. At the same time, integrated into the global Siemens Healthineers organization, employees enjoy the advantages of a global corporation with global development opportunities and supported by specialist functions and processes in order to achieve best solutions for our local operations.
We support the development of your career with various methods, in an expert or managerial role, with talent programs, development and succession planning, more than 350 internal trainings and a rewards & recognition approach.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de-ch/about
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +41(0) 79 547 94 34, if you wish to discuss initial questions. The contact person handling this job ad is Daniela Antoni.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
To recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Unternehmen: Siemens Healthcare AG