Following the growth in our Control Centre market we require engineers to join our Croydon based team. The role will cover all aspects of Control Systems Engineering including, design, installation and test. Our UK Systems teams operate as a turnkey unit and provide solutions not only to our internal projects but direct to external clients including our major customer Network Rail.
Our growth has been fuelled by our innovative product solutions such as WESTCAD and WESTRONIC applications that cover Train control, SCADA and Automatic route setting systems. The team skills range from R&D product development engineers through to Project Management and Project Engineering.
The successful candidates will hold an IRSE Designer and Verifier License and be experienced in UK based Control Centre works. The position will offer a wide variety of work with hands on experience within a fast moving career environment for individuals who are keen to further their engineering and technical knowledge.
What are my responsibilities?
- Deliver Control systems engineering work-packages across a number of projects. Allocation of team members to work packages for the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and Control system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
- Carry out independent checking of Control systems as required.
- Provide functional support and guidance to the Engineer(s) within the team on all aspects of Control systems Design within allocated projects.
- Preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for Control Systems projects
- Manage the progress of works and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- On allocated projects manage the planning, programming and monitoring of resources to meet timeline requirements and targets.
- Manage the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Monitor and control budgets for allocated work packages.
- Carry out testing and commissioning of Control Systems as instructed by more senior Engineers.
- Conduct regular performance appraisal of key staff and manage their performance.
- Act as mentor to the engineering community and promote personal development via Continuous Professional Development and Personal Development Plans.
- Ensure staffs have the appropriate IRSE licences and Safety Certification.
- Where appropriate act in the role of Contractors' Responsible Engineer as directed.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Experience in the design and implementation of Control Systems.
- Experience of working within the rail sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of task, time and people management skills.
- WESTCAD, WESTRONIC & TD data prep and hardware skills.
- Good customer and commercial awareness.
- Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time