Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Watch our team in action!
Performs assigned tasks on Fire and
Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include minor repair, as well as visual
and functional testing on fire alarm systems sprinkler risers and field
devices in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains
complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire alarm and
sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry,
associated, low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred.
Responsible for providing
inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler
equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state and local codes;
completing required documentation including deficiency repair
recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing Preferred. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
Must have working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
Preferred Qualifications include
A.S. degree in Electronics or
related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance
of low voltage electronic systems. 5 years in the installation and
maintenance of Fire Safety Products. NICET Certification Requirements.
(National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II-
Fire Alarm Certification required. Minimum 2 years experience performing fire
sprinkler inspection, testing and
maintenance service. Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted. Must have valid state drivers license.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.