The Field Service Light Rail Quality Control Inspector (QCI) will be responsible for the repair inspections, test validation and proper documentation of repairs to the Light Rail Vehicles in Seattle , WA. The QCI, in conjunction with the Site Lead will be involved in discussions with the factory, Engineering, customers and suppliers regarding material quality controls affecting warranty performance, material reconciliation, and vehicle reliability. The QCI will be supported in this role by Engineering, Production Quality Assurance Department, Reliability, and Logistics departments
- Performs wide variety of complex and difficult electro-mechanical inspections on Light Rail Vehicles
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Performs complex and critical inspection procedures requiring special set-ups of new or unique equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources.
- May conduct first article inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Interfaces with Assembly staff, Purchasing staff, Engineering, Customers and Suppliers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems in solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in relevant field
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferably in a Quality Assurance roles
- Requires knowledge of a wide variety of inspection methods and equipment
- Ability to interpret and use blueprints, specs, engineering drawings, materials lists and inspection standards
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to focus on detail and quality of our product
- Ability to work cohesively with employees at all levels, customers, and suppliers
- Proven experience with SAP
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.