Software Engineer (UI Test Automation)
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS), team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Develop high level test strategies based on feature definition including strategies for both automated testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, regression, and end-to-end testing) and exploratory testing
- Build, improve and maintain automation frameworks for scalability, stability and performance, Write new automated tests for existing and new features
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that code developed is testable, build any test hooks if required and to arrive at project schedules and prioritization models for successful delivery.
- Debug system level deployment issues, root cause analysis, and resolve failures.
- Strong dedication to standard methodologies in QA and software development, including modern CI using Azure DevOps processes. Comfortable with Agile/Scrum processes and code review.
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 4 years of confirmed ability?
- Must have experience in UI Test Automation using Selenium/Protractor
- Proven understanding in back-end testing of Web Services, Databases
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools, including creation of test cases and test plans, Confirmed understanding of Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Good knowledge of Automation Framework Design and good at debugging, writing postman test would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, Ability to work efficient both independently and as part of a team.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time