An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Control Systems Engineer – Software to join our Control Systems team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway. Siemens Mobility Limited are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
Our expansion is being driven by customer demand for our cutting-edge advanced route setting systems that resolve train conflicts and delays far in advance to allow corrective action to be undertaken in a controlled and planned manner.
We welcome enquiries from anyone who would like to join the UK number one supplier and be part of our new transformative technology rollout.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
In this role you will work on railway signalling control system product software throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, specification, system design, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As a Lead Control Systems Engineer - Software, you will lead a team of engineers reporting to a senior engineer to work through the implementation of projects to deliver a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Scoping and Defining Product functionality and releases.
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
- Software architecture / OO design
- Development and implementation of software products
- Deliver to required standards
- Take on agile roles with each assigned project
- Lead others to deliver high quality-safe software
- Requirements Analysis
- Design using UML
- Object Oriented coding
- Development of test plans and specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
- Accurate estimation of task
- Accurate and timely reporting of progress and issues
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Graduate in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience/education would also be considered
- Proficient in UML, OO, C++, C#
- Experience of Unit Testing
- Experience of software engineering in a lead role
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Ability to lead small numbers of engineers as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of good development standards and practices as applicable to engineering disciplines, with significant experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment.
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Willingness to occasionally travel.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time