An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Control Systems Engineer - Test to join our Control Systems team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway. Siemens Mobility Limited are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
Our expansion is being driven by customer demand for our cutting-edge advanced route setting systems that resolve train conflicts and delays far in advance to allow corrective action to be undertaken in a controlled and planned manner.
We welcome enquiries from anyone who would like to join the UK number one supplier and be part of our new transformative technology rollout.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
As a Lead Control Systems Engineer – Test, you will act as the Lead Control Systems Tester on projects which will require you to plan, co-ordinate and lead the control system testing activities on projects in conjunction with the Control Systems engineering team and project TIC.
You will be undertaking off-site data and hardware testing as well as on-site control system testing and commissioning.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites.
- Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment.
- Manage testing and commissioning in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements.
- Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with Siemens, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards.
- Liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and Engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing.
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing.
- Maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control.
- Management of allocated staff.
- Undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure Siemens, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with.
- Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the client and with subcontractors and other third parties interfaces
- Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the client.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- HNC/HND/Degree in electrical Engineering or equivalent
- IRSE Licence as Tester In Charge, Principles Tester, Functional Tester or Systems Tester
- Experience in testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle
- A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff, other functions and the customer.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time