Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics is currently seeking an Installation Superintendent in support of our Material Handling System Project at our Toronto location. This is a 12 months contract. In this role, you will manage/supervise all site construction activities. You will review and plan considering all requirements for the installation. Monitor and report on progress and ensure that project objectives are met in accordance with the schedules and budget.
- Managing the detailed planning of all MHS (Material Handling System) installation site construction activities
- Excellent organization skills to ensure that project is supported in a comprehensive and organized fashion.
- Understanding financial and accounting principles.
- Reviewing and updating works plan and providing project progress reports
- Detailed advanced daily planning of all site works.
- Coordinating the weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Assuring the Pre-construction, construction and acceptance for complex projects to ensure the project is planned, executed and managed in accordance with Company policy and industry best practices.
- Coordinate between local government authorities, customer, general contractor, contractors, suppliers, supply chain management, technical leads, and individual contributors.
- Provide the primary point of contact for all site construction activities with the customer, general contractor, contractors, suppliers and other 3rd parties.
- All aspects of the installation including Health & Safety, Quality, Planning and Progress
- On-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of the material handling systems of a complex nature.
- Performs complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans
- Performs training customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
- May complete the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to complete complex proposals.
- Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
- You will control all site activities, including enabling, pre-construction, site set-up, logistics, deliveries, installation, lifting, hot works, Mitigations plans, commissioning and handover.
- Provide accurate progress data into the Project Manager and schedulers; as well as phasing, sequencing, planning and enabling of the works.
- Champion Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- The monitoring of Subcontractor Site Managers and Supervisors ensuring the highest standards of HSE and quality are maintained, and the works are progressing as planned.
- Ensure Contractors and Subcontractors comply with all EHSE requirements and procedures.
- Monitor performance and compliance of Contractors and Subcontractors. Act when required.
- MOL, Building Permits, Reg. 213/91: CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s or college degree
- Minimum 10 years of extensive knowledge of automated Material Handling System Installations in a Senior role is a MUST
- Experience Coordinating/managing/supervising the installation of a complex MHS at a Senior level.
- Experience in managing all aspects of detailed works planning and site enabling works for a complex Material Handling System (MHS/MHE).
- Experience with OSHA, JHSC, Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1
- Proficient MS Office user including MS Project
- Experience with AutoCAD, NAVIS
- Extensive experience as a Canadian construction professional with a wealth of knowledge managing all aspects of construction/installation with a vast knowledge of local codes, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Experience of logistics/Hub MHS installation is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Financial Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.