During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Applications Engineer Automotive (ISO26262, AUTOSAR) - 221241
Job Location: USA - MI - Novi
Job Category: Application Engineer
Applications Engineer Automotive
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is a leader in solutions helping to automate the design and development of complex electronic systems. Mentor's portfolio includes design tools, embedded software, consulting and support services covering many vertical market sectors, from IC layout to the latest aerospace, automotive, industrial and consumer devices.
A high-growth area is the automotive market, where already 17 of the top 20 OEMs use Mentor solutions. We are expanding our go-to-market team of Application Engineers, who work alongside the sales team to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified engineers, who have a passion for excellence and customer care.
• Help customers specify embedded software and tools for the design and development of Electronic Control Units (ECUs) based on the AUTOSAR standard • Deliver presentations and demonstrations of Mentor solutions to qualified customers in the automotive sector
• Work with the software developers at Mentor to gain a thorough understanding of the embedded portfolio, covering Infotainment, ADAS, Autonomous Vehicle, Driver Information, AUTOSAR, Audio and Video solutions
• Be the go-to person for key customers, and assist them as they deploy automotive innovation
• Support customer evaluations and “proofs of concept”
• Work closely with the sales and account team to develop long-term strategic plans for our key accounts
• Master/Bachelor of science in electronics, software, computer science or in data/information technology
• Experience in software development for automotive control units (ECU) or similar
• Experience in AUTOSAR software development or integration projects an advantage
• An understanding of C and Java programming
• Self-reliant, approachable and good communication skills
• Readiness to travel within the region, and occasionally globally
• Good knowledge of tools used for embedded program development (from simple debuggers to complex in-circuit emulators) an advantage
• Knowledge of safety-systems, ISO26262, ASIL A-D an advantage
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.