Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Siemens Large Drives Applications (LDA) Nordic/Baltic are representing a market leading global product- system- and service supplier of rotating machinery and variable speed drives in the medium- and high voltage segment, testapplications for all industry, and also heavy duty rectifiers (HDR) used for electrolysis. We deliver products, solutions and service for Oil & Gas, Marine, land based industry in the Nordic and Baltic countries. When it comes to service for HDR we are taking over a global responsibility from 1. October and are therefore strengthen our team working with service, maintenance and retrofit of HDR plants globally.
We are seeking to hire:
Service Engineer (electro)
Roles and Responsibilities Main tasks are connected to service, control and project work within maintenance, upgrading, and projects in the area of large rectifier plants.
Specification of tasks:
- Carry out maintenance audits at electrolysis plants.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance of large rectifiers including alarm and shutdown circuits, cooling circuits, motor-controlled DC switches etc.
- Participation in teams working with the maintenance and upgrade of large rectifier systems, as well as upgrade of control systems on existing installations.
- Drive your own sales activities with own quotations in collaboration with the sales department
Main office location is Oslo. The job will involve global business travel during different times.
Experience and competence We are looking for a person with Bachelor or technical vocational school in electrical engineering. Electrician certification group H or L is an advantage, but not a requirement. Good IT knowledge and knowledge of programming within industrial automation systems is an advantage.
To succeed, you must have the ability to work both independently and in teams. You easily connect to people and have good communication and social skills.We are looking for flexible person who can plan and structure their own work, are customer-oriented, are service-minded, and like to stay up to date on modern technological developments. Working language is English. Knowledge of German and Norwegian is an advantage.
- products and systems.
- You will get to work with market-leading technology in a very competent professional environment.
- Large parts of the training will take place in collaboration with our colleagues in Germany.
- You will have an independent role with a lot of responsibility and very good opportunities for professional development.
There are very good career opportunities in Siemens, both in Norway and abroad.
Siemens has a flexible working hours scheme which, among other things, includes paid time off on holiday “bridge” days. Of course, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
As an employee, you get access to a wide range of social activities through the Siemens Recreational and Sports Teams, which are organized by the employees.
For more information, please contact Stig Eivind Olsen, Tel. 92451751 or Roar Søvik, Tel. 97111606
Application deadline: 25.09.20
We use background checks as part of our recruitment process
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time