The steady increase of distributed energy systems, the integration of renewable energy sources, and aging grid infrastructures can prevent the safe and reliable supply of power. Power producers, grid operators, power utilities, industrial companies, and municipalities can manage tasks economically and in the best way possible despite increasing complexity, by leveraging the extensive Siemens portfolio of technologies, products, services, and solutions.
Our projects are managed like a small company; this guiding principle is the core of the entire PM@Siemens standard. Project Managers bear full responsibility for the entire project, just like an entrepreneur. To ensure this entrepreneurial culture, Siemens considers it indispensable to offer an attractive career path for Project Managers, an extensive training, qualification and internal certification program.
What are my responsibilities?
• Coordinate multidiscipline and worldwide teams (internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects);
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
• Analyse technical and contractual information of the project and process any required clarification or negotiation either internally or externally with the customer;
• Manage and follow up the contractual agreements with Headquarter / Suppliers and Customer. Setup Claim/change management process;
• Control and actively influence the execution of the forecasted schedule in terms of design submission, design approval, purchase of materials, production, testing, shipping, and commissioning up to the end of the warranty period;
• Take preventive / corrective actions when needed in order to execute the project within the timeframe and according to the contract;
• Coordinate the document flow to and from the customer and maintain a record about the status of the documentation;
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
• Keep a constant communication with the customer, reporting the pending issues and the status of the project;
• Arrange with the customer meetings or factory visits for design reviews, inspections, factory tests, shipment and commissioning coordination;
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress;
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques;
• Reporting status to management stakeholders on a regular, agreed upon basis
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
• Follow Siemens’s project management methodology and standard operating procedures
• Escalate project issues as appropriate
• Build Charters, Business Requirements, test plans, execution plans to support execution of assigned projects using Project Management Tool (e.g. MS Project/JIRA etc.)
• Conduct business analysis, process mapping, and process re-engineering where needed
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related fields
• Between 5 to 7 years of proven working experience as a project manager in the information technology sector
• Excellent communication, presentation, and customer management skills with advanced problem solving skills
• Advanced knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts, procedures, practices and tools
• Work closely with the business, global/technology team and support partners to develop and execute solutions to support the direction and goals of the Business
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Process of commissioning and technical know-how
• Very good knowledge of IT Architectures and topologies
• Good interpersonal and team work skills
• Able to lead a team of Engineers
• Familiarity with waterfall and agile software delivery
• Experience with scrum in software development
• In depth understanding and solid hands on experience in Agile Scrum methodology, agile artefacts, role and ceremonies, measurement KPI, Scrum Velocity and other agile processes.
• Sound Functional Knowledge of Siemens EnergyIP Platform
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.