The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality, and technology for the life cycle of the project and across the project portfolio. This position is responsible for a variety of project types, for the Electrical Service PMO.
Projects scope includes:
- medium voltage switchgear installations,
- low voltage switchgear installations
- Bus charger Installations
- transformer assembly and installations and a variety of electrical service contracts.
- Retrofit projects for medium and low voltage applications
The Project Manager will be the direct customer operational interface into a wide range of Siemens entities, that supply and support many electrical technologies. A successful candidate will have experience managing contracted vendors, providing direction to field service personnel, and coordinating factory operations.
- Manage all phases of projects from inception through completion and be financially responsible to overall project performance
- Utilize existing project plan templates and associated communications documents, to be shared between customer and Siemens stakeholders
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with service, sales, marketing, and engineering resources as part of an overall core customer centric project focus
- Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Lead service and hardware procurement efforts, to support project scope of work
- Utilize project management software tools to generate schedules, forecasts, service bandwidth loading, and earned values throughout project performance period
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Provide direction to the Project Engineer(s), in support of design review and submittal to project stakeholders
- Perform lessons learned activities, upon project closure
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical discipline from an accredited university or college
- Electrical installation and/or construction project management experience of 5 years, or more, for projects with operating budgets >$250,000
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred with working knowledge of project management processes & tools
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
- Proven experience in managing subcontractors and/or field service personnel
- Proven experience in risk management
- Experience in developing and managing project communication plans
- Proven experience in project commercial reporting
- Proven experience in project closure and handover processes
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.