Quote to Booking Specialist
In this role, the employee supports internal and external customers in the preparation, review, approval, and order entry of proposals and contracts for Siemens medical equipment and service.
In line with established Siemens guidelines and policies, this role requires review, revision and approval of customer price quotes for DI/AT/US, Service and LD/POC, validation of incoming orders and contracts to ensure all required documents have been received, and the accurate booking of orders and contracts orders in the Siemens ERP platform (SAP). At this level, the employee is focused on gaining proficiency in all activities within either InVivo or InVitro, with exposure to the other business.
- Perform all activities associated with the creation, review, analysis, editing, escalation, and approval of SHARE/Shareville quotes. Includes ensuring compliance with all pricing guidelines, GPO/IDN contract terms and value adds as applicable, profitability analysis as applicable, government coding as applicable, exception management, compliance to the escalation and Limits of Authority policies, and accuracy of MEA accounting guidelines. Document all activities, decisions, approvals, timelines within quote. Consult with lead specialists on most complex quotes to ensure accuracy.
- Perform all activities associated with the validation of new contracts and orders including gathering of required contract and configuration documents and receipt of required approvals and signatures.
- Perform all activities from pre-booking to booking for new orders and contracts. Confirm MEA accounting processes are followed per guidelines and are reflected accurately in ERP system. Facilitate timely, seamless handoffs to Customer Operations, including all required documentation.
- Identify data transmission issues between CRM and ERP systems as needed. Consult with lead specialists to resolve.
- Ensure compliance with all finance, accounting, and quality policies.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with people and maintain rapport with internal and external customers is essential.
Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workflow, perform under sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Solid knowledge of entire quote to contract lifecycle process, with particular emphasis on quote to booking process is required. This includes basic knowledge of DI/AT/US, Service, and LD/POC product lines and how those differences impact quotes through booking processes.
Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve moderately complex problems and apply problem-solving skills effectively is needed. Ability to make decisions and recommendations to resolve issues is important.
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and collaborate/consult with peers and others outside of functional area to resolve complex issues and improve existing processes.
Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business with at least 3 to 5 years of related experience or greater than 5 years in a similar capacity is required
Proficient with Share/Shareville
Working knowledge of SAP
Proficient with MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel)
Working knowledge of Finance and Accounting processes and regulations, particularly revenue recognition guidelines (MEA, IFRS)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.