Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We are currently looking for a Fleet Technical Manager to join our Shields depot in Glasgow. Reporting to the Head of Technical Management, you will be accountable for the technical, safety and reliability issues associated with the fleet, leading the technical team and ensuring that the fleet reaches its optimum reliability and availability levels. You will be the first point of contact for the customer for all technical areas and ensure the fleet is fully compliant with all Rail industry regulations, standards and Siemens policies.
- Support Fleet Delivery Managers and Service Managers in achieving business objectives
- Manage the investigation and resolution of any safety, technical or reliability issues relating to the fleet
- Provide effective engineering solutions for technical issues in conjunction with commercial partners, as required
- Develop approved engineering change procedures required to improve safety and technical performance issues
- Be responsible for development of the fleet Risk Analysis Model and ensuring it is reviewed and updated following any changes
- Be responsible for completing a technical review of maintenance documentation and the impact of these changes on the maintenance process
- Manage the development of the vehicle maintenance manuals and regimes to incorporate benefits of technical improvements and maintenance enhancements
- Identify and provide options for maintenance cost savings and revenue generating initiatives
- Liaise with Engineering Services Manager and Train Operators to provide technical information to technical queries, NIR and SRD investigations to the point of sign off
- Planning and allocation of technical resources to meet current and future operational requirements
- Through monitoring of product performance, identify technical and maintenance opportunities to improve reliability and availability and provide and develop KPI's for the technical product safety and assurance of the fleet including performance forecast programmes
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as a manager in Siemens you will:
- Ensure a Health & Safety culture in own area of responsibility and embed understanding across employees
- Monitor and manage health and safety statistics and targets within the depot
- Understand and implement Siemens safety systems and controls within your area of responsibility in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
What will you need to qualify for the role
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques, processes, reliability centred maintenance and implementation
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- People Management experience
- Collaboration skills
- Experience of project planning and planning tools
- Understanding of industry maintenance best practice
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time