We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Are you a specialist at writing speeches and guest articles, and would you like to contribute on new management philosophies for Siemens? Then please read on.
Your new responsibilities
- Research, write and create excellent speeches, presentations, and other sensitive materials for the Siemens Managing Board to deliver to internal and external audiences, whilst ensuring alignment with the company’s strategy and communications positioning
- Develop and execute on a wide range of editorial projects for external and internal audiences e.g. for white papers, opinion pieces and other partner communications
- Write, edit op-eds, articles, and commentaries published under the Siemens Managing Board member’s byline
- Collaborate closely with the relevant Siemens businesses, governance units and/or Board Member Offices, and within the Communications function, to develop speech content and other communications.
- Support Managing Board Member(s) at internal and external events
- Analyze and solicit feedback from the relevant partners/audiences
- Act as a coach and/or mentor for less experienced team members
Your skills and experience
- University degree, or equivalent, in humanities or a similar field
- At least 7-10 years proven experience in executive speechwriting and/or journalism, with an excellent understanding of economic and business-related issues
- Superior writing and editing abilities with demonstrated skills in speech and op-ed writing
- Critical thinker, capable of synthesizing complex ideas and putting together crisp, logical and effective arguments
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision and adhere to specified, and time-critical deadlines
- English proficiency at the level of a native speaker and excellent German skills complete your profile.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, e.g., Word, Powerpoint, as well as internet research skills
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either