The efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transportation of people and goods by rail and road – Mobility bundles all of Siemens’ transportation-related products, solutions, and services.
Advanced networked and IT-based mobility solutions and comprehensive know-how are growing infrastructure availability, optimizing route use and raising travel quality to new levels – by rail, on the road, or across multiple modes of transportation.
With 36,800 Mobility employees worldwide, we take pride in the 5 elements of our Ownership Culture:
Equity, People Orientation, Values, Behaviors, and Leadership
We support long-term output and profit orientation while empowering and collaborating with our employees. Our foundation is based on our core values – being responsible, excellent, and innovative. We encourage bold, decisive, and courageous leadership as you motivate and engage others in a supportive manner.Position Overview
Siemens stands for extraordinary quality. This Quality Professional position will support the factory quality program with the Quality Management System being the primary focus. The position will report directly to the Factory Quality Manager. This position will primarily support compliance to Quality Management System requirements including the ISO 9001 standard, Railway/ Automotive standards and related Business Unit regulations. In addition, this position will support the internal plant quality program which includes activities such as customer complaint handling, KPI reporting and analysis, quality planning, procedure development and quality training. Up to 5% travel required.Responsibilities/ Job Tasks
1. Quality Environmental Health and Safety system oversight, administration and development- Interpreting QMS standards. Facilitating QMS standard implementation. Controlling, updating, reviewing, and distribution of internal and external QEHS documentation
2. Coordinate QEHS internal audit program - planning, conducting and implementing corrective action oversight
3. Support improvements and optimization of the QEHS system (gap analysis, new standards, interpretation, optimization, internal initiatives)
4. QEHS system external/ 3rd party audit coordination and support- Preparation, training, PO’s, budget support, logistic support
5. Salary and Hourly orientation and refresher trainings, development of training modules
6. Audit compliance, corrective actions, assessment actions, management review support
7. Lead complaint handling process, containment activities. Lead corrective/ preventive action teams using structured problem-solving methods. Effectively communicate with customers and technical specialists to tackle problems.
8. Lead and facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning activities with multi-functional team members. Assign risks by preparing and executing PFMEA’s, developing control plans based on risk evaluations, First Article Inspections, APQP Checklists and implement control methods in Manufacturing.
9. Support nonconforming product activities, initiate quality holds using discretion and judgement, containment, identification, segregation, traceability, investigations, communication and problem solving. Provide advanced support/ guidance to production teams in the use of quality/ lean tools (PFMEA, statistical analysis, Poke Yoke, corrective action (8D), value stream map). Communicate with technical specialists to support shop floor with problems. (Engineering, Product Managers, etc.)Required Knowledge/ Skills, Experience and Education
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with full knowledge of department functions and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of quality management systems and standards needed to interpret standards, audit for compliance, provide mentorship internally, routinely use discretion and judgement to update, modify, enhance and develop QMS procedures for compliance. Advanced knowledge and experience with all ISO 9001 requirements. Capable of training others.
- Lead internal audits, report results and facilitate corrective action. Experience in auditing to ISO9001 standard. Formal training/certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with quality improvement techniques to improve performance. Resolve problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
- Quality metric reporting, analysis and driving subsequent countermeasures.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and experience with Supplier Quality methods to evaluate compliance to required standards and regulations.
- Evaluate quality inspection systems and techniques, interpreting specifications, knowledge of metrology, measurement standards and devices.
- Ability to effectively communicate when handling escalating complaints and sensitive situations. Strong presentation skills required.
- Experience in writing procedures
- Excel / PowerPoint/ MS Access skills- (Intermediate/ Advanced)
Travel: 5%-10%Education Required
Associate Degree or certifications in related field OR 3-5 years of experience in Quality Engineering OR equivalent of education and experience. BS/ BA in related field preferred
ASQ Certifications preferred
Certified Lead Auditor preferred
Six Sigma Certification preferred
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Quality Professional with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.