Are you seeking an innovative organization, the creators of FIN Framework (FIN), a state-of-the-art open framework for building automation and building-related IoT applications that run on embedded controls, servers, and cloud?
If so, this is the career opportunity for you!
Joining the core software development team at J2 Innovation will allow you to be a part of our growing organization and be hands-on in exciting and innovative projects, which includes modernizing our current platform and building new progressive, industry-changing platform.
As a technical project manager, you’ll work in a collaborative and agile environment with software team members, managers, product owners, and stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for maintaining project plans, managing risks, and scope control management.
Successful candidates will actively focus on improving our software process, and establish and supervise KPIs for sprints, teams, release, and projects. They will also demonstrate excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. They should also be detailed oriented, strive for excellence, and are excited by working in high-performance teams that value on-time deliverables, meeting team goals, attention to project metrics, continuous process improvement, and team success.What we offer
This is a salaried position which is also on a targeted bonus plan. We also offer full health /life/vision & dental plans, flexible vacation time and sick time, a company matching 401K plan and also company profit sharing.Responsibilities
- Champion our Agile development process and engage the team in its refinement
- Supervise and distribute relevant metrics and reports periodically to show team progress
- Act as a liaison between the team and everyone else to minimize interruptions to the sprint, keeping the team passionate about delivering a quality product on time
- Remove impediments and barriers during Sprints.
- Manage release rollouts, in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Exhibits a desire to continuously improve, and shows a track record of improvement
- Build and manage release project plans
- Takes ownership for managing dependencies between the development teams and third parties.
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitates discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
- Reports project progress to Program Management and executive level stakeholders
- An organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to make sound decisions in a self-directed and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in planning, estimation, change management, and risk management.
- Worked extensively in an agile environment.
- A track record of delivering software projects on time.
- Strong task leadership skills.
- Experience in managing distributed projects.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills and be able to influence without having authority of the team
- Scrum master certification (CSM) or SAFe scrum master certification (SSM) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- 5+ years of solid experience in roles such as Scrum Master, project manager, or technical manager.
- Technical aptitude (you won't code, but you'll be immersed and should understand details)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: J2 Innovations, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.