The Senior Test Engineer will be a member of the Ultrasound Transducer and Catheter Development team. Primary responsibilities include the development and integration of advanced test solutions in high-end medical ultrasound transducer prototyping, characterization and production. Emphasis of the role is on the development of innovative test methods to improve sensitivity, specificity and cost. The ideal candidate will have solid skills and demonstrated experience with ultrasonic acoustic testing, electrical parameters evaluation and high speed, multi-channel electronic test development in complex systems, as well as an entrepreneurial drive and strong sense of ownership.
· Technical developer, leading and supporting hands-on development of high speed, multi-channel test of small-signal analog, digital and acoustic systems and subassemblies.
· Core development responsibilities are centered on commercial test equipment selection, custom test circuit and hardware/fixture development, custom acoustic test equipment development and integration of test systems into use in R&D engineering and production environments.
· Development and support of other software tools needed for test execution and data management.
· Working with OEM/ODM partners to define test requirements and protocols, perform transducer testing and characterization, and analyze and report results.
· Formal documentation development and release. Hands-on transfer of equipment, work instructions and training to manufacturing.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Strong test development skills, with demonstrated ability to quickly prototype test hardware, software and tools.
· Ability to work with existing complex production test systems and version-controlled test development environment.
· Understanding of engineering principles and ability to specify and implement test methods based on theory and operating principles of systems-under-test.
· Experience in control/test automation design and implementation.
· Entrepreneurial, proactive problem solving.
· 5+ years relevant experience in high-speed, multi-channel electronic test including circuit design in telecommunications, RF analog, or high-speed digital systems.
· BS/BA in EE, CE, BME, Physics or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with MATLAB, Python, and/or LabVIEW required.
· Medical device product testing, especially ultrasound experience, a plus.
· Version control software (Microsoft Team Foundation Server) experience a plus.
· VHDL/Verilog programming skills a plus.
· Database experience a plus.
· Amazon Web Services experience a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to travel 10-15%.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.