Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Siemens Mobility offers a wide range of interesting job opportunities in a multicultural, diverse and international team. Thanks to mobile working and digitalization technologies, Siemens Mobility ensures a flexible and modern working environment, and better work-life balance.
Responsible for the ATC Software engineering of wayside and onboard signaling equipment according to the project and product specifications, covering software specification, design, configuration and verification. The ATC Software engineer is the technical expert in the project regarding ATC functional requirements, data preparation, engineering tool, and application preparation process. Main focus on ERTMS and/or CBTC technologies.
The ATC software engineer role offers you the possibility to work in an international and multidisciplinary engineering team, facing challenging projects both in the national and international markets.
This role allows the possibility of working part of the time in mobile working / home office, offering a high level of flexibility and better control of the work-life balance.
Main Tasks & Responsabilities:
• Technical expert in project regarding ATC sub-system functional behavior.
• Technical expert in project regarding ATC sub-system engineering rules and conditions.
• Technical expert in project regarding data preparation and engineering tools.
• Project requirements analysis activities at ATC sub-system level to provide the complete solution of the ATC sub-system required by the project.
• Engineering of the ATC specific configuration based on the project requirements.
• Creation and maintenance of the ATC Software based on the engineering results.
• Responsible of ATC software preparation within available budget and planned milestones.
• Support to testers, verifiers and safety regarding software configuration issues and analysis of logs.
• Participation in all the phases of the ATC application engineering cycle, including the requirements specification, implementation, commissioning, …
• Preparation of specific technical documentation according to the requirements of the project and / or applicable regulations.
The following list includes valuable skills for the ATC Software role. If you fulfil several of them, we are interested to meet you and to arrange an interview.
• Experience in a Rail Signaling business
• Knowledge of one or more ATC signaling technologies for applications in Mass Transit (like CBTC, …) or Main Line (like ERTMS, …).
• Basic knowledge of engineering tools: at least AutoCAD.
• Advanced capabilities in data analysis by use of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in Requirements analysis. Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
• Extensive knowledge of SUBSET 026, 039 and 040.
• Experience in mixed systems ERTMS L1 and L2.
• Basic knowledge of interlocking systems.
• It is desirable to have analytical capacity to solve the problems that arise in the project lifecycle.
• Knowledge of CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, PVCS, ...
• It is desirable to have programming skills in python or similar.
• Experience in international projects and ability to work with teams distributed in several countries.
• Ability to work in teams, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Fluent written and spoken English. Fluent Spanish is desirable.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related Engineering degrees.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time