Project Estimator / Time Standards Engineer - Poole
Does working for an award-winning company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility interest you? Then come and join us in Siemens Mobility Intelligent traffic systems (ITS) we offer all of this and more!
The Project Estimator function of Siemens Traffic Solutions is involved in Tender and Bid activity on behalf of Manufacturing providing accurate information regarding labour assembly time and consolidating material costs from procurement to compile works costs, this would then be presented in a professional manner.
As project Estimator and Time standards Engineer you will be responsible for the time standards update process, to keep time standards up to date with actual build times to ensure accurate labour costs are built into product pricing. You will need to have a good understanding of the technical, financial and commercial impact of the standard times used and how changes/update affect both areas. You will have a good working knowledge of most manufacturing processes. You will be capable of high quality and sustained output and show flexibility when assigned to the various tasks production and related disciplines. In this role you would integrate well as a member of a team, take collective responsibility for the quality of the team’s output, report and communicate any problems arising and contribute towards the solution of any such problems. You will be required to keep up to date with new technology, equipment and practice.
What are my responsibilities?
- Supply works cost estimates.
- Update standard times
- Drive time standards improvements
- Contributes to cost reduction exercises
- Obtain existing purchase and labour cost data.
- Obtain material costs from sub-contractors via procurement
- Derive costings using experience
- To improve estimating process.
- To openly work with all business functions and levels, encouraging and supporting the best use of resources to achieve functional objectives
- Develops and maintains an awareness of modern test method practices and processes
- Sets workload priorities and lead department to achieve Operations goals
- This position works with key data concerning cost information. The post holder needs to be well organised and able to work methodically and accurately under pressure.
- "The role holder is responsible for ensuring that they work safely and they are aware of the possible impact of their actions on the colleague’s safety and well-being"
- Experience of estimating in a similar environment (KEY)
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills
- HNC level in appropriate discipline
- Need to probe and challenge existing principles.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time