Does working for an award-winning company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility interest you? Then come and join us in Siemens Mobility Intelligent traffic systems (ITS) we offer all of this and more!
The Project Estimator function of Siemens Traffic Solutions is involved in Tender and Bid activity on behalf of Manufacturing, providing accurate and timely information, and presented in a professional manner.
This position works with key data concerning cost information. The post holder needs to be well organised and able to work methodically and accurately under pressure. Whilst the role has no responsibility for managing or leading a team, you will however offer guidance to manufacturing staff and engineers on production related issues.
If successful you could be responsible for a one-off project to assess the current time standards across manufacturing and update, resulting in keeping time standards up to date with actual build times to ensure accurate labour costs are built into product pricing.
The role holder is responsible for ensuring that they work safely, and they are aware of the possible impact of their actions on the colleague’s safety and well-being.
What are my responsibilities?
- Supply works cost estimates for Electronic assemblies
- Derive labour costings using experience
- Obtain existing purchase and labour cost data
- Obtain material costs from sub-contractors via procurement
- Contributes to cost reduction exercises
- To improve estimating process
- To openly work with all business functions and levels, encouraging and supporting the best use of resources to achieve functional objectives
- Develops and maintains an awareness of modern test method practices and processes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of estimating in an electronics assembly environment (essential)
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes in particular PCB assemble and electronic enclosures (essential)
- Relevant engineering qualification in mechanical, electronic or manufacturing discipline
- Comfortable challenging current practices and procedures with a view to driving improvements, with interaction at all levels of the Ops team
- Ability to develop solutions to support the overall strategy
- Knowledge and interest in Process Engineering
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time