Lead Research Engineer – UX Design
The Corporate Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
The Software and Systems Innovation (SSI) Technology Field in RDA is dedicated for Innovation in the areas of Systems and Software constituting a distributed team of 200 specialists in Germany, the USA, China, and India.
The User Experience Design (UXD) Research Group in Bangalore, India is an amalgamation of multiple proficiencies; viz. Design Thinking (DT), Requirements Engineering (RE), and Human Sciences (HS). All put together makes an end-to-end experience design team. The research group is flat, the process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday activities and processes.
As a design innovation research group, our goal is to work on topics that are business relevant to deliver outstanding positive experiences for Siemens customers and users by demonstrating the potentials of the technologies. Join our growing team
What part will you play?
- You will conceptualize and drive next-generation experience design across the Siemens product portfolio.
- You will build and implement research roadmap strategies in alignment with the global UXD team.
- Support in analyzing the internal market to optimize the portfolio of offerings by identifying new and significant technology trends relevant to UXD and map them to strategic business drivers and enterprise-wide processes for UXD.
- Do you have experience in developing customer journey maps, task modeling, task analysis, workflow design, etc
- Evangelize UXD through training, conference participation, and representing UXD Research Group India at a global level in various platforms!
- You should Promote UXD research through establishing and collaborating with world-class research institutes, both at the national and international level (e.g., with universities and government laboratories), to inculcate innovation thinking.
- You have Ph.D. or Masters (or equivalent) in visual communication design, interaction design, information design, design planning, communications design, graphic design, or human center design with more than 6+ years of proven experience.
- Your experience in working directly with partners to drive consensus and mine for value!
- Strong in overall Experience Design and its related areas.
- You will act as an advocate for the internal and end customer
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time