The 3D simulation team of Siemens Digital Industries Software develops Simcenter 3D, a fully integrated simulation platform for modeling, simulating and analyzing complex engineering products and systems. To strengthen its Simcenter 3D RTD team in Leuven, Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a researcher with a solid background in Artificial Intelligence and, more specifically, in Machine Learning.
The main role of the candidate will be to bring together AI technologies from different Siemens teams in software toolsets/demonstrators and to run applications for the different Simcenter 3D product lines. She/he will have a key role in defining the technology roadmap related to AI/ML for Simcenter 3D; to this end, the candidate will interact with different research and product management teams and will also seek external strategic partnerships in her/his domain of expertise. The candidate will also contribute to the execution of externally funded research projects.
The work is challenging and highly multidisciplinary, since the candidate will work across different teams to develop AI-based technologies for different kinds of problems (structural, material characterization, acoustics, flow, thermal, motion, …).
- PhD in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, preferably with some post-doctoral industrial experience involving AI/ML.
- Strong background in Machine Learning and Deep Learning, both theoretical and practical. Solid knowledge of at least one widely used ML library such as TensorFlow is preferred.
- Practical experience in applying Machine Learning (including Neural Networks) to different domains (preferably mechatronics and/or mechanical engineering, but this is not essential).
- Experience with Physics-Informed Neural Networks (PINN) is a strong plus.
- Some background on knowledge representation (knowledge graphs, ontologies, ...) is a plus.
- Good programming and scripting skills are required. Good knowledge of Python is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Finite Element Method or other methods for solving Partial Differential Equations is a plus. Experience with simulation software and Computer-Aided Engineering is also a plus.
- Leadership skills and motivation to help give direction to technology & product roadmap based on a synthesis between market needs, technological capabilities and competitive position.
- Motivated team player with good interpersonal and strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time