Siemens Rail Infrastructure is seeking to hire a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer for the R&D team
in the domain of embedded systems for rail signaling and onboard equipment. This role is responsible for
designing and developing new products and troubleshooting and enhancing existing products.
candidate possesses a solid understanding of electrical engineering, digital and analog design practices,
background knowledge in network communications, has experience implementing communication
protocols (e.g. RS-232, Echelon, ethernet-based) in FPGA environments, and is capable of translating
functional requirements into efficient working designs. You will also develop innovative solutions to realize cost savings, improve reliability, and increase customer value.
This role requires a good communicator who can work independently as well as collaboratively in a
multidisciplinary team environment. A successful candidate must be comfortable with the application of
technical theories and concepts in developmental environments and have broad knowledge of printed
circuit board design and limitations, system engineering, and digital/analog circuit design. Successful
candidates must be comfortable working in an environment with strict milestone deadlines and balancing
multiple priorities to ensure projects are completed on time.
Siemens Rail Infrastructure is looking for someone who can utilize high level critical thinking to bring high-impact, complex, cross-functional problems to successful resolution.
• Develop new integrated circuit hardware designs.
• Troubleshoot application problems and identify the root cause of hardware/software/field issues.
• Identify and propose solutions to mitigate anomalies through hardware and/or software changes.
• Review circuits/schematics, understand functionality, identify critical components/circuitry and
recommend suitable replacements due to obsolescence issues.
• Develop maintenance, enhancement, and testing plans.
• Guide the quality process by detailed execution of module, sub-system, and system test
• Drive the completion of all engineering documentation to support design efforts.
• Develop accurate estimates for task duration, supporting the process for developing and
maintaining schedules, cost, and quality.
• Develop documentation and training manuals.
• Guide reviews of specifications and creation of hardware engineering requirements.
• Generate design documents, block diagrams, BOM’s and prototype test plans.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years of successful experience designing complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGAs,
Processors, Microcontrollers, ADCs/DACs, DC/DC converters, etc.
• Schematic design for multi-layer PCB design. Guide PCB layout designer from placement to
• Understanding of design principles (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
• Demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of electronics design to successful completion
• Leadership and role model qualities, including respect, initiative, execution, trust, honesty, and
collaboration, are demonstrated.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with safety critical/vital systems.
• Knowledge of FCC guidelines for emissions and susceptibility.
• Strong comprehension of FPGA development environments and tool flows with proven ability to
design, implement, sustain and document FPGA designs from specifications.
• Ability to perform initial hardware/FPGA check-out and debug in a hands-on lab environment.
• Working knowledge of VHDL and/or System Verilog HDL languages.
• Background in digital signal processing and/or network processing FPGA applications.
• Familiarity with high-level FPGA HDL code generation tool flows (Matlab, Simulink, Modelsim,
• Knowledge of RF.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
If we all thought the same, we would never think of
anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life – we
embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing people who
live in it. That’s how you create change.
Trusted by our partners, we are pioneering transportation,
moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants
will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.