Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As a Project Scheduler, you will draw up the overall program (multi-project) master plan and coordinate this with the individual projects’ detailed schedule work breakdown structure and identified activities vital for the successful execution of the project deliverables. The candidate will have an understanding of the logical relationships between activities to accomplish the completion of the project deliverables. During the contract execution phase, you will continue to develop, manage, and supervise the overall schedule drawn up during the proposal phase.
- Works intensively with program manager, project manager(s), commercial project manager, and key members of the team to build, plan, schedule, monitor, and control all program/project activities to provide transparency in the work.
- Advises on and monitors critical pathways using project management software such as Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Independently and pro-actively captures the necessary project data in order to update the scheduled activities to represent the current status and progress of the project deliverables.
- Alerts the project management team in the event of any major deviations from the schedule.
- Tracks the Contractual Milestones and prepares contract forms and notifications for any changes that impact key milestones or deliverables.
- Coordinates scheduled activities between the various project disciplines.
- Processes technical, financial, and staffing information while making connections and presenting the data in the form of transparent reports and diagrams for percent completion, earned value management, estimate to complete, etc.
- In the case of large-scale, complex multidisciplinary programs, works with the Risk Manager to analyze the risks associated with the program schedule—producing an accurate picture of the scheduling uncertainties so that the agreed milestones can be reached.
- Tracks individual project progress and assists program management in dynamic resource reallocation
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and/or experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Business Related Discipline
- 5+ years of experience working with project management programs such as Primavera and/or MS Project
- 5+ years of experience working with data analysis tools such as MS Excel, QLIK, Stata, MS Access
- Familiarity with the techniques and working methods used in the construction sector.
- Independent, pro-active, accurate, with strong analytical and organizing skills.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
- Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.