Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking a highly experienced individual for a position as a Staff Accountant located in Reston, VA. SGT is a dynamic and rapidly changing organization. We are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our team.
Responsibilities include performing and/or leading the following activities:
- Perform monthly GL account analysis.
- Perform general accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Provide technical research and quantitative analysis for the international tax planning projects (i.e. such as calculating tax basis for foreign entities, gain and loss calculations)
- Work with Internal and External Tax support to minimize risk exposure due to tax nationally and internationally. Includes State Tax, Permanent Establishment, and Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Work with outside consultants in filing of VAT and CIT tax returns in Europe
- Establish and maintain detailed reconciliations that show the position for each taxable and foreign transaction.
- Coordinate activities with support teams including Corporate Accounting, IT, HR, Finance, Contracts, Legal and Supply Chain Management.
- Manage tax jurisdiction inquiries. Serving as a liaison between SGT and external accounting firms, providing schedules and analysis for outsourced tax engagements.
- Prepare ad hoc project reporting and analysis as required.
- Ensure project accounting is compliant with Siemens and Government accounting standards.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Participate in monthly financial close process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline, MBA a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience including tax topics.
- Deltek / CostPoint experience
- Cognos Reporting experience
- Experience in currency management and reconciliations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form.
- Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.