Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing & Logistics Manager for our Pomona, CA factory. Our growing facility has more than one hundred and thirty employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our operations include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible for leading our fabrication, assembly, and internal logistics (receiving, put-away, picking, delivery to line, shipping, material movement) functions to achieve the desired safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance. The role is responsible for at least four salary direct reports and more than one hundred hourly indirect reports. This position reports to the Plant Manager of the location.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together
• Safety: The most important responsibility of this role is ensuring employee safety. Lead the One-a-day program that empowers all team members to identify and eliminate hazards daily. Partner with onsite Zero Harm Culture leader and EH&S Lead to achieve zero injuries.
• Quality: Drive continuous improvement of processes and systems to achieve zero defects.
• Delivery: Ensure customer satisfaction by reducing lead times and providing high levels of on-time delivery.
• Cost: Support your team to continually identify and eliminate waste from the manufacturing processes utilizing traditional lean concepts and digital factory technology.
• Inventory: Improve foundational inventory discipline and production flow to meet inventory accuracy and inventory turn-over requirements.
• Manages multiple employees in compliance with internal policies and state laws, typically several exempt-level employees and/or other managers.
• Conduct team resource planning, staffing, training, communication and performance management.
• You will be responsible for planning annual maintenance and other budgets and manage adherence to budgets.
• Will ensure standards and training are developed for the Assembly and Logistics team
• Actively guides the logistics areas (receiving, put-away, picking, delivery to line, shipping, material movement) to ensure assembly and fabrication groups meet customer requirements
• Champion an environment of collaboration and a focus on achieving results within your team and across peer groups.
• Deliver effective change leadership to drive business changes while minimizing people impact
• You will communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
• Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (Associates Degree at a minimum) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. 8 plus years experience in a manufacturing /operations/logistics leadership role.
3. Highly effective written and verbal interpersonal skills.
4. WMS and SAP knowledge
5. You will effectively act as a leader of teams with formal supervisory authority.
6. Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and manage others to achieve results.
7. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or other environment leading other leaders.
8. Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
9. Communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
10. Skilled in data analysis using MS Excel or other tools to measure and manage performance.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Experience with automation and digital manufacturing technology
2. Lean, Six Sigma certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.