Mission/ Position Headline: Setup (design, implementation and configuration) of system connections to the ASC and on-going support
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Remotely conducting problem analysis, diagnostics and problem solving associated with building technologies such as Comfort, Energy, Fire, Security, lighting and 3rd party items, using remote platform and tools.
- Makes use of performance analysis methods/tools to identify and clarify problems associated with building technology equipment, field devices, connectivity, and outage, problems
- Analyzing situations, anticipating, identifying, and defining problems, seeking root causes, developing and implementing practical and timely solutions.
- Setup (design, implementation and configuration) of system connections to the ASC and on-going support
- Find the right connectivity method in cooperation with customer IT
- Manages the installation and configuration of network infrastructure equipment, switches, routers, and firewalls at customer sites
- Complementary role to BT engineering and service roles
- Follows standard, guidelines and coordinate with Cyber Security experts, if special security requirements shall be met
- Connects and administer the devices remotely (field devices, severs, desktops, notebooks, etc.)
- Manages network performance, maintenance and network security
- Makes use of performance analysis methods/tools to identify and clarify connectivity, bandwidth and outage, problems
- Provides second level support for local connection issues for the various applications. Manages identity and credentials of global users
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor in IT, engineering or similar is preferred
- At least 5 years working experience, in the building technologies industry or related experience with a proven track record, preferably in the relevant IT industry.
- Essential skills of a field service engineer including incident management, preventive maintenance and site management (process, fault-finding, repair, servicing and testing).
- Focusing on the customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action; implementing service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs. Promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value in the organization
- Relevant building technologies domain knowledge (to be specified) such as Comfort (e.g. HVAC, Refrigeration, Hydraulics, etc.); Energy (Mechanical, Lighting, Electrical, etc.) Fire (Fire detection, Gas detection, Alarm & evacuation, etc.) and Security (Access control, video, perimeter protection, etc.).
- Understanding and working with IT networks, infrastructure (routers, switches, servers, etc.) and concepts (dynamic routing, IP networking, etc.)
- Able to communicate with people of all levels
- Systematic planning and scheduling of work; addressing all relevant areas; thoroughly and accurately accomplishes tasks
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time