The Data Catalog DevOps Professional provides support for the data catalog product owner delivering various catalog and governance services which enable the owners, stewards and business stakeholders to search, discover, steward, model, trust and understand enterprise data and analytics.
You are responsible for the daily operations of the catalog including configuration, data source connections, implementation and customizing and operational monitoring, user access, bulk loads of metadata, management and evolution of catalog templates, application capability enhancements and application upgrades.
You will also provide overall help desk services to internal customers and drive the issue management process with the application vendor.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain enterprise use case specific templates various data and analytical objects including data dictionary, data domains, business glossary, business datasets, rules, tagging, etc.
- Daily Operational Support of the Informatica Applications Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) and Axon including active directory role management, maintaining data, and capability enhancements
- Execute APIs and processes to bulk load metadata into the catalog (dictionaries, business glossaries, etc.)
- Establish and maintain scanners and monitor daily jobs for extracting technical metadata from Databases and Analytical Technologies
- Establish and maintain dataflow and integration between mainly EDC and Axon
- Test and perform Application upgrades.
- 3rd level Help Desk Ticket resolution
- Coordinates application outages with technical and business stakeholders
- Develop enhancements and support POCs for solutions to current topics or future opportunities
- Coordination of tasks with internal services
Your qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2 years hands-on operational experience working with Data Catalog solutions, Informatica preferred
- Experience in Help Desk / Operational Support role
- Experience working in a Data Management, Data Stewardship and/or Data Governance function
Your attributes and skills:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong technical expertise and understanding of Windows, Linux, MS Office, JSON, Restful APIs, SQL, Azure infrastructure and Azure based Solutions, VM, DB technologies Hadoop, Oracle, MS-SQL etc., ODBC, Frontend and analytics applications like Qlik or PowerBI, Enterprise Suites SAP ERP, SAP BI, SAP HANA
- Understanding of data models and metadata analysis for various sources or other data catalog solutions
- Understanding of different business domains and data perspectives
- Understanding of Enterprise data landscapes and architectural building blocks and various data assets
- Understanding of dataflow and lineage
- Highly self-motivated, cooperative, and collaborative in cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and creative problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to access impact of design or coding changes prior to implementation
- Adjustable standing desk as a standard
- MSDN license for each developer with prepaid access to AZURE
- Free access to PLURALSIGHT – the WBT platform
- Team building program - 2 days adventure offsite meeting for all employees every year, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
- Participation on world famous IT conferences like Microsoft IGNITE for best employees
- Wide project portfolio in healthcare domain and job rotation within company (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare IT services, …)
- Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
- Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
- Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
- Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards : starting from 2000 EUR brutto /month + VAR*
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time