Posting Title: IES Networking and Embedded SW Presales Solution Consultant – Domain Specialist
Formal Job Title: Presales Solutions Consultant IV
At Siemens we
are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the
most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
• Lead technical sales activities in the IES Network and Embedded SW domain in the Americas
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams, and customers to understand business opportunities and requirements.
• Work directly with customers as part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met.
• Ensure consistent use of IES Network and Embedded SW flow across the Americas region
• Qualify technical viability of opportunities working with account sales teams
• Understand how to position IES products/solutions to shape sales strategy.
• Work collaboratively with Presales Solution Consulting team members to architect technical solutions and ensure success
• Monitors and reports progress on active technical campaigns
• Perform Technical gap analysis and recommend solutions
• Assists Presales Solution Consulting Manager in the development of customer specific objectives for the team
• Determines resource requirements to execute technical campaigns
• Ensure technical consistency of documentation to monitor and manage opportunities
• Ensures prioritization of resource time allocation to key accounts
• Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, evaluations, and benchmarks.
• Effectively communicate Value Proposition of Siemens DISW solutions to customers.
• Maintain ongoing positive relationships with customers.
• Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates.
• Interact with IES segment to communicate customer's needs and shape product direction.
• Help customers specify embedded software and tools for the design and development of Electronic Control Units (ECUs) based on the AUTOSAR standard
• Deliver presentations and demonstrations of Mentor solutions to qualified customers in the automotive sector
• Work with the software developers at Siemens Industry Software to gain a thorough understanding of the embedded portfolio, covering Infotainment, ADAS, Autonomous Vehicle, Driver Information, AUTOSAR, Audio and Video solutions
• Be the go-to person for key customers, and assist them as they deploy automotive innovation
• Support customer evaluations and “proofs of concept”
• Work closely with the sales and account team to develop long-term strategic plans for our key accounts
• NOTE: Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization, now or in the future, for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Work experience: 7+ years in EE Systems, In-Vehicle Networks and SW; experience in product marketing or hands on electrical systems flow definition and implementation.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering required; advanced technical degree desired.
• Candidates for this position should have a strong understanding of, and experience in, significant parts of the OEM automotive electrical systems value chain. This value chain spans activity including requirements development, architectural definition, in-vehicle network (CAN / LIN /Ethernet) & Embedded Software (AUTOSAR) definition, logical, electrical distribution systems, and harness design.
• Siemens PL seeks an extraordinary, self-driven individual, with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the automation and management of the electrical systems value chain.
• Experience in software development for automotive control units (ECU) or similar
• Experienced technical leader with demonstrated success in developing customer solutions, product marketing and project management.
• Good communication skills and the ability to provide effective training/demos to customers
• Willing to drive business engagements as required across the region
• Travel: During regular/Non-Covid 19 times this role requires the candidate be capable of domestic / international travel. Typical travel required: 25%. Currently, there is little to no travel due to Covid 19 company policy.
• Candidates must currently reside in the continental USA, and must not require any type of Visa sponsorship.
• First-hand experience of EE systems development & architecture and/or EDS lifecycle is a plus.
• Experience in AUTOSAR software development or integration projects an advantage
• Experience with the Mentor Graphics’ Capital tool suite may be an advantage but is secondary to strong industry experience.
• Strongly prefer a candidate who is currently located in the greater Detroit area.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.